Dairy Free Peach & Almond Galette
This delicious dessert is set to impress with sweet, fresh peaches and a gorgeous glaze - and it's dairy-free! Recipe originally posted on thenutramilk.com.
- 200g white flour - 2 tbsp. powdered sugar - 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil - pinch of salt - 4 tbsp water - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe peaches - sliced evenly - 2 tbsp. peach or apricot jam (dissolved in 4 tbsp. water) - 1 cup almond meal (Blend 1 cup of almonds on the Mix Cycle in your NutraMilk for 1 minute to make almond meal) - 1/4 cup sugar of your choice - 1 tsp ground cinnamon - 3 tbsp. (45ml) almond milk (or other plant-based milk) - 2 tbsp. almond butter - handful of chopped almonds for topping (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine sifted flour, salt, cinnamon and powdered sugar. 2. Add olive oil and mix into the flour mixture with your hands. 3. Add the water a tablespoon at a time (you may need a little more or a little less depending on the absorbency of your flour). 4. Combine into a dough, but do not knead. 5. Roll a 1/2 cm thick circle of dough on a large piece of baking parchment paper. 6. Place it on a tray and chill in the fridge for about 45-50 minutes.
1. Set the oven to 180*C
2. In a mixing bowl, combine almond meal, sugar, and cinnamon.
3. Mix in almond butter and combine all together.
Assembling the Galette:
1. Take chilled pastry out of the fridge.
2. Put almond filling in the middle of the dough leaving a 2 cm margin all the way around.
3. Drizzle almond milk all over the filling to moisten.
4. Arrange peach slices on the top, ensuring there are no gaps.
5. Crimp the pastry around the fruit, trimming the uneven edges if need be.
6. Using a pastry brush, apply half of the apricot/peach glaze to the pastry and the fruit to give the pastry a nice shine and to prevent the fruit from drying out. Leave the remaining glaze for later.
7. Protect the top with a piece of kitchen foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
8. Remove the foil from the top to allow the pastry to brown and cook for another 15-25 minutes, depending on how brown you like your pastry.
9. Once the galette is out of the oven, apply the remaining glaze to the pastry.
10. Scatter almonds on the top and enjoy!